I'M HERE TO HELP YOU SUCCEED IN YOUR PRACTICE
Need Case Consultation?
Becoming an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
Sex Therapist Certification by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors & Therapists (AASECT) requires completing 90 hours of coursework in human sexuality education, 60 hours of sex therapy training, a 10 hour Sexual Attitudes Reassessment (SAR) experience, 300 hours of AASECT supervised clinical treatment with clients who present with sexual concerns, and 50 hours of consultation/supervision from a Certified Sex Therapy Supervisor.
Supervision can take place in either an individual or group context. Group supervision can account for no more than 50% of the total supervision hours. Lastly, supervision must occur over a period of no less than 18 months to twenty-four 24 months. Total hours per month may not exceed six 6 hours. For more information about the certification process, please see the AASECT Requirements for Sex Therapist Certification.
If you are interested in becoming an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and are considering me as a Supervisor, please contact me to arrange more discussion. Before supervision can begin and supervision hours counted, we will have to sign a Contract for Supervision. You will additionally need to forward me:
- A copy of your CV that includes your contact information
- A copy of your Master's or Doctoral Degree diploma
- Proof of AASECT membership
- A copy of your valid state regulatory license for the state in which you practice
- A current copy of your malpractice insurance face sheet. Your insurance coverage will have to remain in effect throughout the supervision process.